The following terms and conditions (“Conditions”) apply to all bookings and shall comprise the agreement (“Agreement”) between Spindrift Snowsports Limited and the person applying to book a course (“you” and “your”). We recommend that you have insurance to cover you on your course. This needs to cover cancellation and curtailment as well as medical insurance and repatriation insurance.
1. a) Courses cancelled within 2 weeks of the course start date will incur charges in line with our cancellation policy (see section 5). Spindrift Snowsports Ltd strongly recommends that you have insurance which includes cover for cancellation & curtailment against this eventuality.
b) Courses cancelled more than 2 weeks prior to the course start date are eligible for a refund less the non-refundable deposit.
2. Still and recorded images may be taken of you and or your group as part of your Spindrift Snowsports Ltd course. These images will be used by our instructors/coaches for performance feedback. They may also be used by Spindrift Snowsports Ltd for a range of marketing and promotional purposes. Spindrift Snowsports Ltd will never pass these images on to any third party.
3. a) Upon completion of the Booking Form, you accept these Conditions of the booking.
b) If you are under 18 years of age you must ensure that the Parental Consent is given by a parent or guardian, ideally in writing by email to email@example.com
c) A place will be booked for you on your chosen course on receipt of your signed and completed Booking Form or on completion of the online booking process, or by confirmation of payment receipt via electronic message by Spindrift Snowsports Ltd.
d) In the event that you submit a Booking Form but Spindrift Snowsports Ltd is unable to confirm your chosen course, all monies paid by you will be transferable or refundable.
4. a) The balance of payment in respect of your booking is due to Spindrift Snowsports Ltd on confirmation of your course and must be received in full by the Spindrift Snowsports Ltd office no later than 2 weeks prior to the course start date. If payment is not made by this due date, you will be removed from the course but you will remain liable for the balance of payment for the course.
b) If you arrive at the venue, having not paid the balance, as detailed on your invoice for your course, you will NOT be accepted on to the course. You will remain liable for all outstanding balances.
5. a) Spindrift Snowsports Ltd strongly recommends that you have insurance which includes cover for cancellation & curtailment when booking a Spindrift Snowsports Ltd course.
b) If you cancel more than 2 weeks prior to the course start date, you will forfeit the deposit (25%).
c) If you cancel less than 1 weeks prior to the course start date, you will forfeit the deposit and be liable for the full “balance of payment” of all monies owed to Spindrift Snowsports Ltd for your booking.
d) Cancellation must be notified IN WRITING ONLY to the Spindrift Snowsports Ltd Office by email. Verbal instructions to cancel are not acceptable and will not be acted upon by the Spindrift Snowsports Ltd Office.
6. a) All correspondence will be sent to the e-mail address supplied on your Booking Form.
b) It is your responsibility to keep the Spindrift Snowsports Ltd office informed of any change of e-mail address or phone number after booking on to a course. This can be done in writing by email or letter to the Spindrift Snowsports Ltd office.
7. Spindrift Snowsports Ltd reserves the right to cancel courses at any time prior to the course date. In this eventuality Spindrift Snowsports Ltd will refund any monies paid to Spindrift Snowsports Ltd but Spindrift Snowsports Ltd shall not be liable for any additional costs incurred.
8. Spindrift Snowsports Ltd reserves the right to remove you from the course if:-
a) you are found to exhibit behavior which is deemed to be inappropriate and/or detrimental to Spindrift Snowsports Ltd;
b) you are found to be under the influence of alcohol, drugs or addictive substances, during course contact time.
9. By completing the Booking Form, you confirm to Spindrift Snowsports Ltd that you have met the pre-requisites and have read and understood the self-selection criteria for the course you are attending. Spindrift Snowsports Ltd reserves the right to refuse training to any applicant who, in the opinion of Spindrift Snowsports Ltd does not meet, or is not likely to meet, the minimum standard for the course. In the event that an applicant is refused training on this basis, the deposit and any other monies paid will not be refunded.
10. Snowsports, when conducted in an open environment, result in mountain conditions that can change significantly day to day. For this reason terrain access may be limited in poor conditions, with the result that not all the advertised activities for the course are covered and Spindrift Snowsports Ltd shall have no responsibility in that event. Due to events at the indoor slopes occasionally there may be limited access to the slope at the indoor centres we use. Spindrift Snowsports Ltd shall have no responsibility in this circumstance either.
11. Every effort is made to cover all the advertised activities for the course. However, the instructor/ coach reserves the right to refuse participation in elements of the course that he, or she, deems to be dangerous or unsuitable. Any decision will be based on the individual’s skill demonstrated during the course and in conjunction with the piste and snow conditions and Spindrift Snowsports Ltd shall have no responsibility in the event of such refusal.
12. You agree, that except for death or personal injury arising through the negligence of Spindrift Snowsports Ltd, Spindrift Snowsports Ltd (and its coaches/instructors, employees, agents, contractors and suppliers) shall not be liable for any loss, cost, liability, damage or expense arising whether in respect of death, bodily injury, illness suffered or loss, costs, damages or expenses incurred and, subject thereto, the maximum aggregate liability of Spindrift Snowsports Ltd will be the charges for the course out of which the loss or damage has arisen. In no event shall Spindrift Snowsports Ltd be liable for any loss of profit or any consequential, special, economic or indirect loss or damage. Spindrift Snowsports Ltd shall take reasonable skill and care in providing your course and, subject thereto, to the fullest extent permitted by law, all warranties, representations, conditions, terms, undertakings and representations of any kind whatsoever, whether express or implied, and whether arising under statute, common law or otherwise, are hereby excluded.
13. The intellectual property in any materials supplied on courses is the property of Spindrift Snowsports Ltd.
14. No variation to these Conditions shall be binding on Spindrift Snowsports Ltd unless agreed in writing and you acknowledge that these Conditions prevail over and supersede any written or verbal communication, including (but not limited to) any terms of conditions which you may seek to apply.
15. Spindrift Snowsports Ltd shall have no liability for any failure or delay in performance if it is prevented from or delayed by any matter or action which is beyond its reasonable control including, without limitation, acts of God, weather, governmental actions, war or national emergency, acts of terrorism, protests, riot, civil commotion, fire, explosion, flood, epidemic, lock-outs, strikes or other labour disputes.
16. All personal data collected in booking the course will be used for the purposes of taking payment, administering and delivering the Spindrift Snowsports Ltd course provided that Spindrift Snowsports Ltd would like to keep you informed of other Spindrift Snowsports Ltd products, services and news items that they feel may be of interest to you. Please write to Spindrift Snowsports Ltd if you do not wish to be kept informed or receive marketing materials in this way.
17. These Conditions and the Agreement between you and Spindrift Snowsports Ltd shall be governed by and construed in all respects in accordance with English law and you irrevocably agree that the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction in respect of any dispute, suit, action, arbitration or proceedings which may arise out of or in connection with these Conditions or the Agreement.
18. Spindrift Snowsports Ltd will not be liable for any physical or financial hardship which may be incurred whilst attending a Spindrift Snowsports Ltd course.
19. If the venue of the course is adversely affected by snow, weather or any other circumstances, Spindrift Snowsports Ltd reserves the right to cancel the course or alter the venue without prior notice or warning.
20. No monies will be refunded by Spindrift Snowsports Ltd in the event of an injury sustained either before or whilst participating in the course, where injury leads to curtailment of the course; in this instance, it is necessary to make an insurance claim.