So you’ve got some skis or a board, get out and use them! Over time, however, the edges become blunt and the bases lose the wax layers that let them run smoothly over the snow.
This day is aimed at people that have not serviced their own equipment before, or have done some basic work, but want to expand their knowledge and check their technique works. We’ll take you through what happens to a skis and snowboards as we use them and how to maintain them so they last for as long as possible.
- Base preparation including filling
- Base edge bevelling and sharpening
- Edge sharpening
- Base cleaning and preparation
- Wax selection and hot wax application
- Scraping and brushing
- Advice on putting together your own servicing kit.
There will be opportunity to have a go at some of the techniques we show you so maybe don’t wear your smartest shoes. The course will run at Chill Factore and will start at 10am and run until 4pm.